Mar 18, 2010

Let me Dream

Let me Dream
Because your skin complexion and mine are not the same,
I cannot, I may not, take your last name.
Because your eyes are slightly smaller, or take a different shape,
Our love cannot exist, our connection was a mistake.
Because your hair and mine do not have the same texture, the same feel,
We must dismiss our feelings, they cannot be real.
The feeling that follows your embrace,
The smile, the eyes, that make my heart race,
You mean to tell me, it is all make believe?
The fusion of our thoughts, our minds, our ideas, over time,
I have dreamt it all?
Well then please, let me sleep.
I need not wake to a world where our race, our religion, your upbringing, and mine,
Desire to control our emotions, our feelings, and the thoughts in our minds
If this is the world I must wake to, then please, let me sleep, let me dream.





No comments:

Post a Comment