Mar 18, 2010

“Te Quiero”

A young girl sits and reflects,
On past loves and heartbreaks.
She realizes love was always followed by neglect.
Her heart never stayed open for too long.
So she learned to keep it closed to all,
And to you that was wrong.
You came into her life and made change.
You gave a sense of courage,
To this young, baby bird ready to leave her cage.
You have been more than she has ever had.
She finds herself smiling again.
Because of you she has no reason to be sad.
I sit here and reflect.












Kind of scared of what is coming next.
I have been so closed, never willing to open.
But now you have me dream again.
You have me hoping.
I’m not going to lie, I have a wall of steel.
But you have proven to be like kryptonite.
Because, for some reason I have started to feel.
A young woman lies on the bed, looking at the ceiling.
Overwhelmed inside, holding back tears,
trying her hardest to keep from feeling.
But she turns and looks at him while he sleeps.
She prays to God this time it’s for keeps.
I sit here thinking of where these feelings are from.
Should I be happy for what is now,
or be afraid of what’s to come?
Should I let go and tell you how I feel?
Or should I keep it inside and try to hide from what is real?
A part of me wants to shout out loud,
telling everyone, everywhere what I have found.
But the part that haunts me is holding back.
It won’t let me be free.
A woman stands with her head held high,
Feeling the pounding in her chest.
She lets out a sigh.
She won’t let her fears get in the way.
No, not this time.
Finally she will get the courage to say all she has to say.
I stand before you,
Pulling down my walls.
Something I thought I would never do.
Though it scares me to death to let you in.
I will try my hardest for you.
Ok, happy now? You win.
A shining star,
Shimmering in the night,
And burning from afar.
A butterfly,
Spreading her wings,
Ready for the flight,
Closes her eyes and holds on tight.
I look you in the eyes;
Confusion within them.
Fear in mine.
I take that leap,
For it was you,
Who swept me off my feet,
So hear I go.
I wanted to tell you something,
I think you should know.
From this day forward I will open up to you.
Giving you a chance is what I choose.
Remember when I said I will close my heart,
from ever finding love?
Well I was wrong.
Because with you I am no longer numb.
I am glad to have found you and to have you in my life.
I was crippled by the vein that I kept on closing.
But your warmth cut me like a knife.
So my feelings have begun to flow.
I care about you deeply,
Even if it’s hard for me to show.
I don’t know how I feel yet.
All I know is,
You make me smile and I have no regrets.
Thank you for being there.
First as a friend,
Then showing me you care.
Like I have said before, most guys are accessories,
But you however,
I believe you are a necessity.
So the thing I have been holding back in a way,
Was something I wasn’t ready to tell you.
But now have the courage to say.
I think my heart has found its calling.
It is for you. Love,
I just might be falling.
She sits here,
Happy to have told him,
And also a sense of fear.
How does he take it?
How does he feel?

No comments:

Post a Comment